Thursday, May 25, 2006

Children

Four-years old in baby-GAP pajamas
Playing with his Legos and computer games
Smeared in chocolate and Coca-Cola stains
America's demanding future

He'’s not the same as me, thirty long years ago
Spanked by the teacher for losing my Lenin pin
Ten minutes at the monochrome TV, and then to bed at eight
Without the stone-hard icecream from the sombre street

And yet we both had our laughs and tears
And our shares of happy and unhappy days
For none of us, on either side of curtain
Knew life could be in any other way.

2 Comments:

Blogger sheeep said...

I DO write comments! YOU are the one who don't update. I like your entries, both photos and articles, so you should update more often. Actually, this entry is my favourite.

7:00 AM

 
Blogger hyning said...

I love this piece.

5:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home