Wednesday, January 10, 2007

NYE in NYC

So, once again, for the n-th time, I spent my New Year in New York City. It's always good to be in Big Apple for the dusk of the holiday season. This is one American city that "gets" New Year. While everywhere else, people seem tired from the holiday season and just want to get done with it already, here in New York, my favourite holiday of the whole year is this city's favourite, too. There are tourists, there's the ball drop at Times Square (which I've never been to and do not intend to go), there are shops open late and bars having NYE specials, there are the lights, there's the holiday mood that softens even the hardest-knock Brookliner's heart, and there's the mandatory sobering up on January, 1.

This time around, I pat myself on the back for managing not to:
freeze my buns off;
get pissed drunk;
vomit on a bouncer;
urinate on multiple street corners;
kick rubbish around pavements at 4 am;
pinch underage girls on the butt.

Instead, I finally managed to take some pictures of my favourite city on its favourite day. Here are a few.













4 Comments:

Blogger sheeep said...

It sounds like you had so much interesting experiences on previous NYE...

1:54 PM

 
Blogger Aubrey Andel said...

Just by looking at the pictures, you can't tell it's NYE. Nice city shots anyways. How about a Top 5+5 New York? I need to prep for my February trip.

1:07 AM

 
Blogger My Top Ten said...

Are you serious? More New York these photos couldn't be, and each features a landmark of NYC except maybe the last 2.

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Aubrey Andel said...

I said you can't tell it's New Year's Eve, not New York City! No balloons, no silly hats, no nonsense whatsoever, and that's not a bad thing! Yes, each photo is quintessentially New York, for sure. Stop confusing your E's with your C's. You should get Lasik and let me have your glasses.

6:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home