Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Second Chances

Destiny. I mean, what exactly is it? Who can ever say – this person or this job or this opportunity is your destiny? Nobody. We simply do not know. We all love talking about it though, but almost always in the past tense. We can all be geniuses in hindsight. But no matter how smart we are, we can be staring that fateful person in the eye and not recognize the destiny they are about to bring upon us. We can refuse an opportunity that could change our lives forever. And – not even flinch. Because unless we took it, we simply would never know.

Only on rare occasions does life allow is second chances. And those can present us with choices that are truly life-defining. And we can make informed decisions for once, because the past is suddenly ahead of us once again. The past can become future.

And yet again and again, we reject second chances. We refuse the luxury of having knowledge about what can happen next. Our eternal quest for uncertainty has the best of us.

Second chances. I wish all of us had more of those. And I wish we would take them more often.


4 Comments:

Blogger Aubrey Andel said...

That's really sad, and I mean that in a good way. I didn't know you were...profound. I'm glad to see I'm no longer (abandoned).

1:59 AM

 
Blogger My Top Ten said...

I am sure it won't be long until you are (abandoned) again.

10:54 AM

 
Blogger Aubrey Andel said...

I know. I'm already slacking.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger sheeep said...

I think it's about time you post another entry.

11:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home